Sprint employee: 'I got hit by a car so I'm really happy to be alive'

Garden City Police arrested 50-year-old Boise resident Gregory Olson after they say he hit Tracy with his van. (Photo courtesy Ada County Sheriff)

Molly Tracy says she never could have imagined her work day would turn into such a nightmare.

Police arrested 50-year-old Boise resident Gregory Olson after they say he hit two sprint employees with his van.

He was leaving the Garden City Sprint store where Tracy was working on Friday. It escalated quickly following disagreement about his phone.

"I am in excruciating pain right now," Tracy said. "It hurts to stand it hurts to breathe it hurts to talk. I'm not in good shape."

She says Olson was irate from the moment he approached the table they had set up in front of the store.

"He started yelling, you know started yelling profanities, getting mad," Tracy said. "We had told him okay calm down and he just wouldn't."

She says he was complaining about an email he received about google voice and an issue with his bill.

She tried to reassure him that it was nothing to worry about and they would try to help.

"He came up and wasn't having any of that," Tracy said.

When Olsen refused to calm down Tracy says she asked him to leave. Olson then asked to see her supervisor.

The store manager Devin Sturdevant happened to be seated right next to her. He defended Tracy, saying her behavior was professional and asked Olson to leave.

That's when they say he flipped the table, damaging thousands of dollars worth of property including an iPad, a speaker, and her phone.

At that point called police and chased after him, they say not to confront him but rather to get a look at his license plate. They say he backed out and drove directly toward them.

"I got onto the thing because it bumped me so I held onto the wiper and and then she's screaming, you know 'what are you doing' and then he decides just to gun for it so it pushes me off," Sturdevant said.

They say it happened so quickly that they didn't have much time to react.

"It was either I continued to run backwards going faster trip fall and get ran over or I find an opportunity to push myself," Tracy said. "I knew I was going to get hurt either way. So I pushed myself away from his vehicle I did a tuck and roll."

Olson drove away. Sturdevant escaped without injury.

Tracy was taken to a nearby hospital with severe bruising to her stomach and plenty of scrapes. She knows it could have been much worse.

"I got hit by a car so I'm really happy to be alive," Tracy said.

Officers located Olson nearby. He's been charged with aggravated battery, aggravated assault, and felony and misdemeanor malicious injury to property.

Looking back Tracy says they never should have followed Olson into the parking lot even though it was to identify him for the crime.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off