Update: Heat from laundry, cooking oil combust into fire in downtown Boise building

    KBOI News Photo

    Boise Fire says a small fire that broke out at the Charles Schwab building has been ruled accidental.

    Firefighters tell KBOI 2News they were called to the building, near 9th and Main Streets, just after 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.

    While they found smoke inside, crews say the building's sprinkler system activated and extinguished the fire. A Boise Fire spokeswoman says there was moderate damage to the building.

    On Monday, Boise Fire says an employee from the building had taken laundry hope to wash. After it was clean, he placed the warm laundry in a crate and brought it back to the business. The heat, mixed with cooking oil remnants, sparked the fire, Boise Fire says.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...