Salvation Army Angel Tree aims to give new gifts to over 2,500 children in Ada County
BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) —
For some, a Christmas filled with new toys and clothes is not possible. That's where the Salvation Army Angel Tree comes in.
The Angel Tree allows 2,500 children in Ada County to have new gifts to unwrap on Christmas.
Local businesses collect the items to make Christmas possible for these families. The participating businesses receive Angel Tree tags that resemble ornaments for their office Christmas Tree. This gives employees and customers the opportunity to select an Angel Tree tag, that represents a child in need. Each tag has a child's age, gender and suggested gifts to help people shop.
The children are from families who have applied for Christmas assistance through the Social Services program of The Salvation Army.
Another way of donating to this program is by dropping off new unwrapped toys at The Salvation Army Family Thrift Store at 4306 W. State Street or at participating locations.
For more information please contact Alexandra Parrotta at email@example.com.
The following are Angel Tree Partners:
- 10 Barrel Brewing
- Ada Community Library-Victory Branch
- Ada Community Library-Lake Hazel Branch
- Allied Business Solutions
- Associated Insurance Services, LLC
- Athlos Academies
- Boise Cascade
- Boise Racquet & Swim Club
- Capital City Kiwanis
- Castle Hills Church of the Nazarene
- Christ Lutheran Church
- CompuNet, Inc.
- CS Beef Packers
- D.L. Evans Bank
- Dental Care for Kids
- Elmer's Restaurant
- Hayden Beverage Co
- Idaho Central Credit Union - Cherry Lane Branch
- Idaho Central Credit Union - Kuna Branch
- Idaho Central Credit Union - LBJ Branch
- Idaho Central Credit Union - Pierce Park Branch
- Meridian Veterinary Hospital
- Micron Technology - IT Information Security
- Micron Technology - Systems Integration
- Moreton & Company
- Morgan Stanley
- Mountain View Church of the Brethren
- MWI Animal Health
- NIFC (National Interagency Fire Center)
- Overland Court Senior Living
- Plantation Country Club
- Quest Groups LLC
- RC Willey
- Social Security Administration Office of Hearings Operations
- The Learning Tree
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store
- Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy
- Willow Creek Elementary PTA
- YMCA - Downtown