BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — The porch pirates are on the hunt for your Christmas packages.
On Friday, Boise Police says the department has received three package theft reports since Black Friday.
The thefts occurred on Flintlock, Regal and Landmark on Dec. 4-5.
Boise Police has some tips to help prevent porch thefts:
- Track your packages and shipments. This way you know when your package will be delivered.
- Leave specific instructions for delivery when you order the product; you can also do this through the shipper's online tracking services. Do not leave a note on your door with instructions.
- If you cannot be home for delivery, ask a neighbor to watch for the package and secure it for you.
- Consider having all of your shipments require a signature for delivery.
- Have your package delivered to your work or a relative or friend who will be at home.
- Consider picking up the package at the Post Office or shipping center.
- Be aware of suspicious activity in your neighborhood. Look for strange vehicles and individuals.
An estimated 23 million Americans have had a package stolen from their front porch or mailbox at some point, according to a study from insurance quotes.