MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Crews respond to grass fire in Boise caused by fireworks

Jackie Lane Fire.png

Fireworks are to blame for a grass fire Tuesday night in Boise.

It was just after 8 p.m. when Ada County Dispatch said the call came in about a fire in the 3600 block of North Jackie Place, which is north of the intersection of Maple Grove and Ustick roads.

Fire crews said the 'frantic' neighbor reported seeing smoke and believed the house was on fire and that someone was trapped inside.

When firefighters arrived they discovered it was just a grass fire in the back yard and that no one was inside the home.

Two homes were threatened during the fire, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before any damage was done.

While cleaning up, firefighters say two men came up and admitted to police it was them who started the fire. They said they were setting off bottle rockets, which are illegal here, and a tree caught on fire.

The men told police they ran away from the scene out of fear but later returned to confess to what happened.

No word yet on charges.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending