Boise home damaged in early-morning fire, family escapes safely


    CBS 2 NEWS PHOTO

    A Boise family of four safely escaped from a house fire early Tuesday morning, Boise firefighters said.

    That fire damaged started on the exterior of the house and extended into the attic before being extinguished.

    Crews were called to the home on the 1400 block of West Targee Street shortly before 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, and arrived to see heavy smoke engulfing part of the structure.

    Investigators say the fire started somewhere on the home's exterior and then spread into the attic. Most of the damage was contained to the garage, although a large section of the home's interior did suffer smoke damage.

    Four people were living inside the home at the time, but everyone got out of the home safely after being alerted by a smoke detector. Firefighters say nobody was hurt in the blaze.

    Boise Fire says the fire was started by fireplace ashes that weren't disposed properly. Investigators say the family cleaned their fireplace and placed the ashes in a plastic garbage can next to the home, where it smoldered overnight and ignited.

    Several engine companies and trucks responded to the scene, along with Boise Police and Ada County Paramedics.

    This is a developing story. Check back for updates







    News In Photos

      Loading ...