MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Boise Fire: Cause of Knitting Factory fire was accidental

CBS 2 File Photo

Boise Fire has identified the cause of the Knitting Factory fire that burned through the wooden floors and walls of the concert hall Tuesday afternoon.

According to Boise Fire, the flames were caused accidentally by a contractor working on the HVAC system. They say the contractor was using a cutter to cut the metal duct work inside, causing a spark that ignited combustible materials inside that ducting.

The fire then escaped the duct, and burned the wood floor joist on the second floor and into the wall.

The fire started just after 5 p.m. on September 11.

Boise Fire say 60% of the interior of the Knitting Factory is damaged by fire, smoke or water.

The businesses north of the Knitting Factory have power restored.

As many as 50 firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire. Three people inside at the time were treated for smoke inhalation, then released. One firefighter suffered minor injuries, said a spokesman for the Boise Fire Department.

The Lizzo concert planned for Sep. 13 has been moved to the Revolution Concert House.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending