MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Toxic algae prompts health advisory for Lake Lowell

Officials say coming in contact with the algae can cause nausea, vomiting, liver damage and other problems. (File Photo)

NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - Visitors at a southwest Idaho lake shouldn't enter the water due to toxic algae.

Southwest District Health tells the Idaho Press-Tribune in a story on Saturday that high concentrations of blue-green algae at Lake Lowell led to the health advisory.

Officials say coming in contact with the algae can cause nausea, vomiting, liver damage and other problems.

Anglers are encouraged to clean and rinse their catch with uncontaminated water.

Lake Lowell is part of the Dear Flat National Wildlife Refuge that's managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Trending