Man injured after kitchen fire in Boise

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) -- One person was treated for injuries after a fire in a Boise home.

Boise Fire officials say the man was cooking soup when he fell asleep and the fire broke out in the kitchen.

Boise Fire originally said he had to go to the hospital for his injuries, but a spokesperson later told KBOI 2News he was treated at the scene and did not require further treatament. The fire, called in at about 8:30 a.m., was reported at 1084 W. Palm Drive in Boise.

It appears the fire started on the stove.