Man drives scooter in downtown building, 11 taken to hospital

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) -- Eleven people have been taken to the hospital for possible exposure to carbon monoxide after a man was driving a gas-powered scooter in a downtown Boise building.

Firefighters were called to the building at 10th and Main Street after people started complaining about headaches and dizziness at about 1:15 p.m.

Multiple employees told KBOI 2News off camera that the person driving the scooter was a supervisor trying to get employees excited about a promotion.

A total of 21 people who work in the building were being treated by firefighters and paramedics for low level carbon monoxide exposure and had symptoms including headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting.

Three of the eleven people taken to the hospital are pregnant.

It's against fire code to operate gas powered equipment inside a building. No citations have been issued.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off