How to cleanup after Christmas
BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) —
'Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house, boxes and wrapping paper are strewn about!
There's a tree to take down, but where do you put it?
Here is some advice on the best way to do it:
- Compost your Christmas tree if you can. Your tree can find new life through Boise's composting program. Otherwise, you can just throw it away. Either way, it helps to cut the tree into shorter sections so it fits into the bins easily.
- Recycle the materials you can and throw away the rest.
The city of Boise put together this list of 'Naughty and Nice' holiday materials:
Naughty (can't be recycled)
- Wrapping paper with foil, glitter, or lamination.
- Ribbons and bows.
- Unwanted ornaments.
- Bubble wrap.
Nice (can be recycled)
- Cardboard and gift boxes.
- Greeting cards and envelopes.
If you are part of Boise's curb it program, you can leave these (nice) items in your bin.
Otherwise, you can bring them to any one of these Treasure Valley recycling centers for free.