Fireworks believe to have started fire at Boise duplex

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - Boise Firefighters saved a dog and cat in a duplex that caught fire near Kootenai St. Thursday night. No one was inside when it started, but they believe fireworks may have been the cause.

The fire started on the outside of the building and made it's way up into the attic. Crews were able to put out the flames quickly, but did have to tear out some material to fully put out the fire.

No one was inside the home at the time, except for a dog and cat. Firefighters were able to get them out without injuries.

The inside of the duplex only suffered smoke and water damage. The flames did not spread to the next home because there was a firewall between them.

Investigators are looking into the exact cause.