MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Emmett man who died in house fire fell asleep while smoking in bed, fire marshal says

Idaho State Fire Marshal Knute Sandahl says Eric Brockbank was unable to escape the fire due to his diminished mobility. (File Photo)

State fire investigators say the Emmett man who died in a house fire earlier this month was smoking in his bed when he fell asleep.

Idaho State Fire Marshal Knute Sandahl says Eric Brockbank was unable to escape the fire due to his diminished mobility.

“We are always saddened by the loss of any person from a fire,” Sandahl said. “Smoking is the third greatest cause of residential home deaths in America.”

A dog inside the home needed CPR from firefighters but was expected to recover.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending