Brush fire consumes southern Idaho home
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) - Fire officials say a home near the southern Idaho town of Gooding was destroyed when wind blew a brush fire to the residence.
Southern Idaho Regional Communications dispatcher Brian Murphy told The Times-News that the fire began Thursday evening, and it burned the home as well as several outbuildings.
Gooding Fire Chief Brandon Covey says six departments responded to the fire, which burned about 50 acres of brush. He says the fast response saved 10 more homes from burning.
Covey says unattended burning caused the fire.
Information from: The Times-News