Boise family displaced after fire rips through kitchen

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) -- A family has been displaced after a kitchen fire broke out at a home on the Boise Bench.

Fire officials tell KBOI 2News fire alarms alerted the family of four. The fire started in the kitchen and then went up through the cabinets. Crews arrived and quickly put out the fire, but then punched holes in the ceiling so they could check to see if it spread to the attic.

No injuries were reported.

Officials with the Burn Out fund will be assisting the family.