Tree branch lands on power lines, causes power surge in home

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A tree branch that fell on some power lines caused a small fire in a Caldwell home Tuesday morning.

Firefighters say a tree branch snapped onto the power lines at about about 9:30 a.m. near Kimball Avenue and West Oak Street, which caused a power surge into a home.

The surge then sparked a small fire into a circuit breaker inside the home. The homeowner was home at the time and called 911. The fire was quickly put out. No injuries were reported.

Power in the neighborhood is out, but Idaho Power has crews on scene working to restore electricity.